Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Do Re Mi - God and Me

One of my favorite movies is the Sound of Music.  All the elements of a classic plot are there:  intrigue, love, loss, challenge, loyalty, war/conflict, coming of age, and, of course - music.  Music is an amazing gift from our Creator Papa God.  Music is indeed a universal language that can be appreciated by all people of all ages across boundaries.  Much like a beautiful sunrise or sunset, music has a deeper meaning that connects with humanity.  Music's link to creation is exemplified in JRR Tolkien's Silmarillion where the world is literally "sung" into existence.  The musical scales represent both progression and connection.  They represent the simplest elements that can be combined into complex majesty - by His design.  A recurring theme in our journey together will be the simple vs the complex.  A basic premise that I adhere to is that Christ/Word Son "simplifies" in the midst of man's attempts to complicate.  In fact, I view complexity with healthy skepticism, especially when the explanation for or justification of the complexity cannot be simplified and connected directly to Christ.  A complex symphony can be broken down into simple individual notes.  Thus, my initial attempt to establish a few building blocks regarding our Father, Papa God, and His simple design.

As my friend and Brother, Mr. Pankey, noted in an earlier blog, Papa God is passionate!  He is most passionate about you and me.  In fact, I believe He created us for each other.  First to be connected to Him, the first "covenant" (Dictionary.com defines covenant basically as: noun - an agreement, usually formal, between two or more persons to do or not do something specified).  He created us to be in relationship with Him.  Plain and simple.  Of course, there is much more to our journey as we will explore together, however, the simple truth is "I am my Beloved's and He is mine."  Papa God established the principle of covenant with the Jewish people and He perfected the covenant in the Person and sacrifice of Christ/Word Son.  Much of what Papa God demonstrated prior to the arrival of Christ as a man, was foreshadowing the Word Son.  A pattern emerges in the pages of the books comprising the Old Testament that demonstrates man's propensity to complicate something that was originally fairly simple.  Christ came and established a "new and everlasting covenant."  Permanent.  Irrevocable. Undeniable.
This permanence is important as the Word Son stands as our sole Advocate to the Father.  Jesus literally "has our back" with Papa God.  If God questions or the enemy points out (we will address the mystery of the enemy in future blogs) our weaknesses and failings, Christ steps up and indemnifies us, He literally stands in our place (because He hung in our place).  Like any contract, there are terms and conditions to the covenant with God.  Christ paid the price to keep the covenant in place.  Plain and simple.  On the other hand, when I doubt my worthiness to be counted amongst Papa God's children, the Word Son (Who never leaves me nor forsakes me) reminds me who I am in Him.  I am beloved.  I am precious.  I am loved.  Papa God is madly passionate about me.
Do re mi, God and me.  A simple way to remember that the foundational relationship in my life is with Papa God.  The quality of every other relationship I have is dependent on the status of my relationship with God.  The closer I walk with Him, the better person I am.  The more I allow myself to be transformed into the image of the Word Son (the person that Papa God created me to be), the more I reflect the love of God.  I was not designed to journey by myself.  I was designed for a Divine Guide and for companions along the way.  We will explore much more together, but everything to come depends upon understanding my utter reliance and dependence upon Papa God, the passionate Creator, Who loves me and desires to be with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment